Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sometimes I Feel So Guilty

Oh well, it was my big mouth that is now keeping me up at night. I said something to someone I shouldn't have, but it's the last week of school before Christmas break, and I had to say something. The backdrop wasn't being painted, the decorations were not being put up, no one was making the gym look like anything Christmas-y was happening there in a few short days, so I asked the AmeriCorp worker, Susan, and the other worker, Christina, "do you know that the program is Thursday?"

Then I watched as it slowly sunk into their heads that they were abysmally behind the ball. But now it's keeping me up at night, thinking, was I wrong to say that?

Susan replied, "every year, it's the art department's job", a dig at me. I didn't say anything to that. Then she went on, "when do we have the time?" The backdrop she began to paint which was only started on Monday, was a very complicated affair, so it was going to take a super-human effort to finish it by Thursday. Then there is the problem of the unicycles!

Went to the teacher's meeting. That was fine. The principal is very fair, a great person, and she is trying very hard to make it all work.

Also, now I will get paid a little something for the yearbook. Last year it was a volunteer effort, and I spent gobs of time on it, and it was great, but really a pain to produce with the computers that they had. Now they have newer IMACs, so it should be a lot better.

Thinking about Christmas and all that it entails, family, friends, eggnog, music.

I'll just be glad when it's Friday and I can relax. Then there is Chelsea! And don't forget The Fat Tones! But there is always Jackson Hole, which will be a dream come true, that will go really well.

As I travel through time and space.

No comments: